Vibe Kayaks

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

fishbster
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Vibe Kayaks

Post by fishbster »

Hello all,
It's been about 10 or so years since I have done any fishing to speak of. Life events have kept me sidelined. Well, I am coming out of fishing retirement. I have a question since I have been somewhat out of touch in kayak models. What is the group's thought on Vibe Kayaks? Tally Yakkers is their distributor here and I am looking at buying one. Also looking at the Jackson Cuda Big Rig but the Vibe has a great price point. Any thoughts/comments are appreciated. Looking forward to getting back in the game. Thanks. Billy
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: Vibe Kayaks

Post by WannaDoDat »

Hi Billy, welcome back to kayak fishing!

I do not know one thing about the Vibe kayak but I do have the Jackson Big Rig and the Jackson Coosa HD. The Big Rig is quite amazing for it's stability and shallow draft and comfort and relative ease of paddling. It's very spacious both on the deck and in storage and you'll be able to stand with no problem right off the bat. There is a standup bar you can use, which I rarely do, and the stand assist strap which helps with getting up and sitting back down into the wonderfully comfortable seat! It is also well rigged with rocket launchers and slide tracks. I had never stood before in a kayak before I got the Big Rig and it was a total game changer! I have since bought the Coosa HD which a lot of people call the mini Big Rig and it is my definite go-to boat now because it is lighter but still very stable. Definitely follow the sage advice to try different models and really take them out and give them a run through not just a quick paddle. You will probably need a longer paddle no matter which one you choose. I have the Bending Branches 240 but a lot of folks choose the 250 and above.
Good luck with the decision-making. There are some nice choices out there in stable kayaks. I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever you choose.

Jean