14 Jackson Cuda help

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

zeke392
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

14 Jackson Cuda help

Post by zeke392 »

I just bought a used 14' Cuda and have a few questions about them. I was told this is a 2011, so I been trying to find more out about this year model. From what I have found, it should not have a cup holder and doesn't. Something confusing me is that the scupper holes are clearly oval shaped, but any scupper plugs I see for the Cuda are round? Also, was 2011 the 1st production year for the Cuda? I can clearly see some of the changes made to them between then and now, what am I missing and what will I miss? It didn't come with any scupper plugs and I want to go paddle this thing. It is the "yellow Jacket" color.
Thank You

Steve
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: 14 Jackson Cuda help

Post by fishinbug »

You may have a Jackson Coosa instead of Cuda. Oval plugs fit the Coosa.

http://store.jacksonkayak.com/coosa-scu ... =2#reviews
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber
zeke392
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Post by zeke392 »

I'm sure it's a Cuda, you can look at the new ones online and even they have oval shaped scupper holes ?
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

Hi zeke392. Don't let the lack of scupper plugs stop you from taking your cuda out. I seldom, if ever, use my scupper plugs. If you want to get some anyway, Wilderness Way has them in stock and yes, they are oval. Their number is 850-877-7200.
zeke392
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Post by zeke392 »

I called Jackson today and talked to them. The guy I got was very knowledgeable and we talked for a while. He told me that they did testing at the factory and the round scuppers seal the oval holes best, and the oval scuppers seal the round holes best. He said although it doesn't seem right, they are packaged and advertised correctly. Thanks for the help, I got all I need right now, and I'll take a look at that site Fishbaitbilly.

Steve
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Fishbaitbilly wrote:Hi zeke392. Don't let the lack of scupper plugs stop you from taking your cuda out. I seldom, if ever, use my scupper plugs. If you want to get some anyway, Wilderness Way has them in stock and yes, they are oval. Their number is 850-877-7200.
Yes, Wilderness Way will fix you right up!
They were recently able to very quickly secure me with replacements for a damaged Boondox T-Bone extender and a hatch cover for my Jackson Coosa HD. (Don't ask :lol: )

I have used the soft practice golf balls for makeshift scuppers for all the odd-shaped holes in my Jacksons. (Big Rig, Cuda 14 and Coosa HD) More so to prevent tackle from slipping through the holes than making them watertight. I usually go scupperless.

Jean
zeke392
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Post by zeke392 »

I was wondering if any of you Jackson guys use their brand compartment cooler/fish bag? It is very reasonably priced, how well does it keep stuff cold?
Thanks, Steve
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Steve, are you looking at the elongated JK fish bag/cooler (about 46.00 online) or the rectangular Jkrate soft cooler that's meant to insert into a Jkrate? I don't have either one but I did view the insert which looks like it would work well in conjunction with the Jkrate. Wilderness Way in Crawfordville FL sells them.

I have both the Jkrate and the Jkooler (Orion cooler) The cooler is similar to a Yeti hard cooler. Keeps stuff cold and dry like a champ.

I am also in the market for a nice soft-sided cooler for food and drink. I don't keep fish.

Jean
zeke392
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Post by zeke392 »

Jean, I am referring to the soft rectangle cooler bag that Jackson sells to go inside the storage compartment between your legs. My friends use the Polar Bear soft coolers and they really like them but they won't fit (neatly) into that compartment. There is a great deal on Polar Bear Coolers in this section, 2 for 1, and I am strongly considering them.

Steve
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Sorry, Steve. I must have missed your reply.

I am that thinking of ordering the Polar Bear coolers but debating on which size to get. Hmmmmm

Jean