Help

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

marlindoc
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Help

Post by marlindoc »

I have not been as active on this site as i was previously, and I apologize. 2015 was a great year and i should post more pics. I love both boat and kayak fishing, but yak fishing is my favorite. Just curious, what apps do you guys prefer for the tide charts and major and minor feed times? I just found this fun app called "fish brain" it deals with all species of fish, and lets you post pics of what you caught and a description of the baits and the scenario of how and where you caught it. i have been catching some really nice perch and bass in my back yard recently.... Happy 2016 to all! Fish on!
marlindoc
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Re: Help

Post by marlindoc »

WOW!!

53 people read my report asking for some simple advice, and not one response? Is this site really not involved or active anymore? I thought we were all here to share stories and learn to become better fisherman. I fished in Lanark today and caught some trout today, but why post?
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

You're right, Wally. Sorry for not replying. Sometimes I only get a quick second to see the latest posts and then if I don't reply right away they do not pop up in my next view unless someone else has replied. But I'm also guilty of not posting reports lately and for the same reasons that you cite. When few or no replies to acknowledge my contribution come forth it can be quite disheartening and I ask myself the same question. Why bother?

It takes an engaged group of folks that take the time to reply with even a quick kind comment to keep the repartee going and to make the forum a vibrant and fun place to visit and contribute. When members post up a report or question and rightfully expect replies, then they would be greatly served by replying in kind to other's reports. That's just plain common courtesy.

Jean
Last edited by WannaDoDat on Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Wally, good stuff on the bass, crappie and trout catching!
I'll have to check out the new app. :D
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by fishinbug »

I am one of those who read your post asking for help, marlindoc. I must confess to not knowing crap about apps.

Your recent posts have not contributed much in the line of reports beyond mostly two word replies to others. Maybe you could have reported the trout you caught in Lanark. It's ironic that you did not want to bother to post while berating us for not bothering to post.
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber
marlindoc
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by marlindoc »

Thanks for the responses.
cotton
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by cotton »

No excuse. But I miss tapatalk.

The 2 free apps I use are WW RECON and tidedatafree.

I couldn't find a free app that really offered Solunar and tides.

Sometimes being cheap is painful.
A better Kayaker today, than yesterday.
Red Hobie Revolution
Green Native Slayer 12
Sand Hobie Pro Angler 14