Any old timer mullet fishermen here?

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any old timer mullet fishermen here?

Post by jsuber »

Sounds like a great time. Better than what I was doing. Appreciate thh story.
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
BloodyChamp
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by BloodyChamp »

Here we are again. Everything is blacked out from the rain. I actually repeated last year’s feat in the same spot back in May so I think I really and truly have it figured out, but obviously we’ve been blacked out for a while since then.

I’m going to the beach no matter what tomorrow, even if it’s raining just because I haven’t been in so long. If I walk along and blind cast net enough times will I catch a few? I see children doing that on YouTube videos, often without even getting their feet wet. I think it might be during the mullet run somewhere else though.
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by fishinbug »

Good luck, @Bloody Champ.

I'm going to mow. Your plan sounds better to me.
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber
BloodyChamp
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by BloodyChamp »

I’d texted a pal days ago asking where the best sandy beach type place would be to grab a few mullet and he didn’t text back til this morning, and he sorta ended up coming so instead of exploring and relaxing we went to his favorite spot, the upper Wakulla bridge. We only saw a few but I was happy to finally remember how to throw the cast net the right way without relearning since last time. I stuck it right on top of 1 mullet but the booger got out from under it.

Next we tried Wakulla Beach and they were out there but they were way the heck out there at low tide. Has anybody ever walked to that big oyster bar to the left that you can see? If that’s safe and mullet are around I’d do that in a minute.

Next question...what’s the story on the big floating dock at the St Marks Refinery? Can we drive to that thing legally? I seen it on Google Maps and I seen the road to it.
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by fishinbug »

It's not walking out to those bars. It's a slog but it is doable if you don't sink in the mud too deep. I have caught some redfish out there.
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber