New Hobie Angler

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

GatorMD97
Baitor
Baitor

New Hobie Angler

Post by GatorMD97 »

Decided to really get into kayak fishing. I've had a small paddle fishing kayak I've used occasionally in the lakes of GA and got the bug about a year or two ago for a Hobie Angler and getting back into salt water fishing. I picked up a 16 PA-14 for myself a few weeks ago and decided I needed my fishing buddy to join me so I bought my son a 16 Outback for his 14th birthday. The guys at Wilderness Way really set me up well and they did a bang up job customizing the Outback (I wanted a limited edition but I think this turned out better and he loves it). I got the first catch, a nice 21" trout, but we need some fishing lessons! Got skunked the last two times out.

WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: New Hobie Angler

Post by WannaDoDat »

Welcome aboard! Nice trout! :A1
Sharp looking kayaks! Love the customizing on the Outback!
What a great birthday gift for your son. Congrats! That will provide years of fun and memories! Have fun figuring it out together!

Jean
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by fishinbug »

Great idea to get your son an Outback. Now take some trips to some of the kayak launches in the link below. Low tide is a great time to explore an area. Go for a ride with your son and discover oyster bars, deeper cuts, moving water on tide changes, and have fun. Work on being as quiet as a mouse while you are cruising along. Make friends with fishbaitbilly. :lol:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ll ... LGsCKfTZK0
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber
Baja Bob
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by Baja Bob »

Sweet outback the guys at wilderness way really know what they are doing.
And I have seen Billy catch a fish or two even out of the revolution.
Donttail
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Post by Donttail »

Great choice on Hobie and Wilderness Way. Welcome aboard. Now get ready for many exciting and relaxing trips. :D
Red Zone Hobie PA :D :D
fishshooter99
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by fishshooter99 »

Great looking new outback there guys! I love the limited edition that I bought from TWW back in December so much that I'll be picking up a "Wilderness Way Special Edition" Outback for my wife this weekend! Congrats on the first Trout in the new boat.
Expatriate Floridian living in the "Land of the Ice and Snow" that is Atlanta.
Gary