VRBO or AIRBNB - FCKA AREA

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

Kellerqx

VRBO or AIRBNB - FCKA AREA

Post by Kellerqx »

Looking for suggestions for an inexpensive place to stay while fishing, needs to be kinda near a location to launch a kayak and catch a fish. Not looking for a specific location, just somewhere within the FCKA area. Just one person and my purpose will be kayak fishing.

I realize most people on here have permanent homes, but maybe you've heard someomne talk about a place.

Thanks in advance....
BackCast
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Re: VRBO or AIRBNB - FCKA AREA

Post by BackCast »

Inexpensive may prove to be a challenge this time of year because this is peak rental season. My rental place on the St. Joe Bay (which is typically the far west range for FCKAers) is already booked all but one week from Memorial Day through mid August. There are other owners who rent by the day, or generally with a 3 day minimum, who may have a few days open between booked rentals. You can look for them on VRBO by checking out Cape San Blas. I can't guarantee you'll find anyplace available, and those likely won't be inexpensive, but there is excellent fishing and plenty of places to launch a kayak.

That said, there are a ton of great places to fish and stay on the Forgotten Coast that will provide a great experience.
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

Camping is cheap. Less than $20 day right on the St Marks River and HWY 98 at Newtown Park.
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by fishinbug »

My wife and I rented this place a couple of years ago. It's not fancy but it is right on Alligator Harbor.

https://www.vrbo.com/259406
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber
Kellerqx

Post by Kellerqx »

Thanks for the advice, some good options.
dkent53

Post by dkent53 »

Georges Lighthouse Point on Ochlockonee Bay has condo that some owners rent out or there is an RV park across from Angelos Restaurant that is a nice park to check out.
I'm not retired, just tired!
kikstand454
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by kikstand454 »

I would look into an alligator point rental. It is right in the middle in terms of driving distance to all the good fishing areas, (east to hickory mounds and west to st George and st Joe)...and the harbor area and nearby turkey point/Lanark flats are hard to beat for anything you want to catch if you don't feel like driving.

For less expensive options than a beach rental, check out the communities of panacea, Lanark,....carrabelle. etc.
H_luciae
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by H_luciae »

Are you looking for fresh or salt fishing. Or someplace that is close to both?