Suggestions for shore, pier, or wade spots for Friday morning?

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

TreeHouse

Suggestions for shore, pier, or wade spots for Friday morning?

Post by TreeHouse »

Hello again. Been a while since I've posted (almost 7 years!) but I was out of the game for a while due to medical stuff. However, a buddy and I are going out Friday morning at daybreak and hoping to hit somewhere from the Lighthouse to St. Teresa area. He doesn't swim so a kayak is not a happy option for him. So I'm looking to either wade out a bit, hit Bald Point pier, or just roll onshore at some point and thought I'd see what y'all suggest as more seasoned folks.
niceShoot
Baitor
Baitor

Re: Suggestions for shore, pier, or wade spots for Friday morning?

Post by niceShoot »

Wading the grass from Leonard's Landing? Sounds like a pretty good bet!
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

LL is a good option. So is BP. High tide at first light.

Give your buddy an early birthday present and take him to a pool for swim lessons. :wink:

Have a great time.

Jean
kikstand454
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by kikstand454 »

I can swim just well enough to know I'm going to drown. I can't tread water at all. I do not float. I'm also out of shape and have short lung capacity. So even if I take off swimming, I'm not gonna make it too far.

Make your friend wear a life jacket.....100% of the time. Make sure it fits, and that he knows what to do and what not to do if he capsizes and is separated from his yak. The more knowledge and planning he has- the less fear he will have.

He can do this.

That being said, LL, WB, and the lighthouse are all great wading spots.
TreeHouse

Post by TreeHouse »

High tide should be 7:30-ish tomorrow morning. Wonder if they ever open the park slightly early at Bald Point? Or should I just fish off one of the side areas until they officially open?

As for my bud, he will have one of my vests handy all the time in case he decides to venture in the water. I may just set up for shore and pier at BP and then I can wade as needed so as not to make him uncomfortable. He is scheduled for swimming lessons later this year so we may make a kayaker of him yet!
niceShoot
Baitor
Baitor

Post by niceShoot »

Haven't done the Bald Point park opening in a few years, but used to with some frequency. The earliest I ever found it open was by about 10 minutes.
I may just set up for shore and pier at BP and then I can wade as needed so as not to make him uncomfortable.
Oh he'll be uncomfortable alright. You'll be the one catching all the fish... :lol:
TreeHouse

Post by TreeHouse »

I've got him on board for wading so this should work. May just post up at the bend at Bald Point and fish both sides and walk further as the tide goes out.
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Yes, the troughs around that oyster bar at the bend are great on the outgoing tide and the same with the others farther out. While you're on shore make your way around to the right of that bend. Nice spotty grass area. Have caught many a fine trout and red there and even hooked a tarpon which lasted all of 10 seconds. Lol

Jean
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

Alligator Harbor anout a mile west of Leonards landing is a put in near a power pole.
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon