A Saint Joe Bay report, sorta

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

BackCast
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

A Saint Joe Bay report, sorta

Post by BackCast »

If I were a good fisherman I'd provide a detailed report but, quite frankly, I'm just not that good. It's not that I'm inexperienced, or that I don't sometimes catch fish, but I just get too distracted with all the other stuff around me. First thing you know I've stopped casting and am watching horseshoe crabs mate, turtles swimming under the kayak, or any of a number of other things. Oh well, I still enjoy myself! All that said, here's what my trips are often like. I did manage to catch a few fish, and one trout even joined me for fish tacos, but much of the time I was just paddling and enjoying life.

We started at home in Ohio by putting my 14' kayak on the top of my 6.5' truck bed. Thank you to Home Depot, Harbor Freight and some country boy creativity...

My travel companions were as reliable as ever...

On the water at last...

I noticed that many of the sand bars has a reddish tint to the small pockets. Even the sand dollars had that color. Perhaps something remaining from last winter's red tide?
There are some big critters out there and some of them have fins on their backs...

What a relief to find out it was only Flipper...

If I'm going to spend much time in salty water I really need to pay more attention to the tide charts. I've launched from this lot across from Stump Hole manly times and never saw the water this high. When I parked I was on dry land but on the way out the water was almost over my running boards...

Now this is a real fisherman...

And at the end of the day all is good...
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: A Saint Joe Bay report, sorta

Post by WannaDoDat »

I like your style of fishing!

Absolutely stunning pictures!

You sure know how to enjoy the beauty.

Jean