shark week at bottoms rd. 7/7. 7/8

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

luceror
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

shark week at bottoms rd. 7/7. 7/8

Post by luceror »

Was out there both days. Caught a few keeper try both days on mirrod twitch. Got some juvy reds test morn and a couple keepers tpda. Got them on jig w frz shrimp orderb.
Both days low tide was pretty low so I went to a cut thru in the big sand bar that almost syrechs fro Dickson bay to piney island.I knew there wud be some water there and I could mess and there till tide came back in some.I'm stiil troing a mirrodine when something big slams it and takes off.It was a good size spinner shark. Spinning! When it came out of water the second time it was headed towards me.then again. I'm not liking this! It comes out again full speed and spinnin . But its heading away. Comes out again spins and braid finally parts.
Heck I tie on another mirrod. Hook a ladyfish. A large shark tries to eat it. Misse . I get the lady fishark on about 15' from me and swoooosh!! Lady gone mirrodine gone all I saw was about 3' of shark tail. Lost a third mirrodine due to big shark on leader cut. Had similar occurrence today at low tide. Switched to big rod w dead pinf. Free line. Had on take but missed hookup. Storms forced us in.
RyanWarden
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Re: shark week at bottoms rd. 7/7. 7/8

Post by RyanWarden »

Great report and how fitting!
Tight Lines
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by fishinbug »

The sharks are gearing up for Sharknado 3!

:D
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Yeeee Haw!!!! It's a wild rodeo out there! Having one of those spinners thrashing and twisting like a whirling dervish above your yak is a tad unnerving! It's happened to me in East Cove. Whoa!!! 8O

The way you go through those lures we gotta get you some Mirrodines in bulk! :lol:
What kind and size do you use?

'Nuther great report!

Jean
luceror
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by luceror »

My favorite size for trt is the 2000 Jr. In chartruese. But lately iv been using a 17 mrw silver sides and reddish belly.the fish se em to be liking it more I think because of the bait they have been working on.
Well WD, I can tell by your response that w shared a similar experience w the Spinner. Definetly didn't like it when it was "flying straight toward me". That was a lot of energy and weight hurling thru the air. Super fast!
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

You're not kidding!!! That a whole lotta uncertainty flailing around that could have a very bad ending!

Thanks for the feedback on those lures! I still don't feel confident in them even though my tackle box has those varieties and more. 8)

Been doing too much freshwater lately. Big thrashing mudfish are the current equivilant in excitement right now. :lol:
Gotta get back to the salt one of these days soon.

Jean
luceror
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by luceror »

Your welcome. I feel good w them(miro -D's) And fishing w bait PR lure that ur confident in means a lot!
bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by bk »

luceror wrote:Your welcome. I feel good w them(miro -D's) And fishing w bait PR lure that ur confident in means a lot!
Good stuff luceror. On the rare time that I don't throw topwater, the catch 2000 jr in gold is often tied on. A decent sub surface search bait.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi