Purify 9/5

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

Dutch

Purify 9/5

Post by Dutch »

It's been a little while since I had the opportunity to wet a line but with the cloudy morning, good weather, and the time to go I made it happen. I headed out to Purify at first light and grinned every time I heard a boat south of me knowing they wouldn't be near. There were several slaps at different top water lures until the sun came up good (~8:00ish). Didn't try a popper. Someone dropped a crab trap at just about every point in purify with a very long line. I didn't want to take a chance losing lures or fish so I kept trying to move around them slowly working my way out to the bay. I ended up cruising over to work the north end of the bay. Decided to try and throw a shrimp out under a cork to see what would happen while I worked different lures. Caught a few catfish on the shrimp on the northern edge of the bay and decided to head back in against the falling tide. I didn't feel like a long muddy walk back to the truck. On the way in, around 11:00, I found one spot that was flowing nice around an oyster bar and an island. I couldn't pass it up nor could I take sitting any more so got out on the bar and on the first cast caught a nice black drum. Even though I could see fish moving around nothing wanted to bite. I tried several more times and realized if I didn't leave soon I would have that long muddy slog back to the truck and headed in. On the way in I spotted some fish in a creek and couldn't pass it up. I tossed some shrimp in and hooked around 6 different short reds. While sitting there enjoying the fishing I noticed the mud line and high water mark in the grass and then reluctantly headed in with only about a 10 foot mud drag at the launch site. Good thing I didn't find another spot on the way in or it would have been bad......
bigboots
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Re: Purify 9/5

Post by bigboots »

Thanks for the report.Sounds like a fun day.
luceror
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by luceror »

Good report. Enjoyed the narrative!
bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by bk »

shhhh. The purify mud is the secret ingredient in 92.8% of all mud mask beauty products in the world. Good going on the catching.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

bk wrote:shhhh. The purify mud is the secret ingredient in 92.8% of all mud mask beauty products in the world. Good going on the catching.
:lol:
Well, actually that might be true! :wink:

Definitely a spot where you've got to keep on eye on the tide.

Jean
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by fishinbug »

Don't wear white @ Purify. :oops:
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber