Bottoms rd Tues 9/15

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

luceror
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Bottoms rd Tues 9/15

Post by luceror »

Rough going. Quite breezy!As in the few reports I have seen there was a few short try showing up. I was using a jig/zman. Paddle tail and/or mirror dine twitch. Did manage to hook 2 nice(18") try. Landed one,the other was inhaled by a GOODSIZED SHARK as I was reaching fr landing net.It got my mirrodined and the other haif of our fish dinner.I am tired of buying those little braid sizzors that don't last. Any suggestions? Water was nasty looking. Not tannic. But real dingy!
IMG_20150915_072327.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: Bottoms rd Tues 9/15

Post by bk »

At least you got out. Those sharks can be unpredictable. As can the alligators. I've had both come at a fish boat side. I very rarely lip fish any more because of it.

I think the water is a bit dingy because some of the vegetation is starting to die off and this tends to stain things up a bit. Either that, or the waves have things churned up a bit.

Thanks for the report.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Thanks for your frequent reports and observations.

I just use little cheapie scissors from the dollar store to cut braid. I buy a couple at once and keep them in different spots.
I do have a pair of the fancier braid cutters but I always forget that I have them and end up using the one dollar pairs.

Jean
luceror
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by luceror »

Yea I use the cheapies too. And I guess by now I would know that unless its made of quality st. Steel its not gonna last. And prob not then either!