10-4

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

10-4

Post by bk »

Wannado and I decided to give it a go in spite of the windy forecast. That meant hitting it early before the wind gained momentum.. Pushed off in darkness and in a pretty high, slack tide. It took a while for the tide to start falling but when it did, the fish began to feed a bit and continued until the wind kicked up and the sun broke the clouds.

Some pictures for those who prefer a visual. :lol:
The sunrise was spectacular, but as usual, a pic can hardly do justice.

Caught and released 6 reds and an endless amount of lady fish, all on the h20 popper shown and a black spook Jr.

The weather had the feel of being the end of fall and the beginning of winter. Fall lasting about a week it seems. Knowing from experience what weather days like this morning end up like, we decided to put a fork in it at 10:15 and headed homeward.

In-flight meal... Chicken salad Sammy on rye, grapes, gum, and bottled water. Lol. Thank you jean for the adventure.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
luceror
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Re: 10-4

Post by luceror »

Good report and nice pics.S ure is a lot of multi-spotted fish running around.Looked like a pretty first lite!
fishindawg
Baitor
Baitor

Post by fishindawg »

Pretty reds. That close up is awesome. Congrats on the great day. Just picked up a chuggin spook jr. Can't wait to give it a shot.
Jackson Cruise 12 - Dorado
bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by bk »

fishindawg wrote:Pretty reds. That close up is awesome. Congrats on the great day. Just picked up a chuggin spook jr. Can't wait to give it a shot.
I've caught some nice fish on the chugging spook jr. To me, it's somewhere between a spook jr and a popper. Also, for $3 it's tough to beat that h20 popper.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

You've got a knack for capturing the beauty of it all, bk!
Unreal markings on those fish. That a high percentage of multi-spotted reds! It's got me wondering about what causes the variations. Also, thinking that all the reds I caught were single spots and I fished on the opposite side of the creek from you. Hmmmm. I must have been in "Normal Creek". :lol:

It was so cool to watch you catch that really spotted one! It hit and missed the spook Jr. and you followed up with the popper, which proved irresistible! Nicely done!

And to think we almost didn't go due to the wind forecast. Sure glad we made the last minute decision to try it! Wind started whipping mid morning. Good call on heading in when we did. A sort but very sweet trip! Thank you!

Jean
SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by SRAces »

Brad,

Nice report and great pictures as always!
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
H_luciae
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy