Levy Bay Reds

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

OneTripletail
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Levy Bay Reds

Post by OneTripletail »

Left this morning at sun-up and went back in the creek to the right hunting reds. Found a couple good keepers on at 19 in and the other was a good 24 incher. Fun fun. Also saw an osprey catch a mullet then out from no where a bald eagle came in and started chasing the osprey after about 2 min the osprey had had enough and dropped the fish. The eagle swooped down and got it. Pretty cool to see.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: Levy Bay Reds

Post by fishinbug »

The aerial acrobatics had to be a thrill to see. Nice looking fish, and thanks for sharing the report.
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber
salty gator
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by salty gator »

Good report, thanks. Stay out there long enough and you will see many bald eagles stealing fish from Ospreys. They are pretty, but they are scavenging, bullying thieves, that would rather steal a meal than work for it. I hate watching an osprey catch fish over and over just to have bald eagles steal them or just make it where neither gets the fish
You should have been here yesterday
fishshooter99
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by fishshooter99 »

Good job on the reds. I loved your report and never get tired of good fish pictures! Congrats on a good day on the water!
Expatriate Floridian living in the "Land of the Ice and Snow" that is Atlanta.
Gary
luceror
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by luceror »

I would bet that that's not the only thing the eagles can take from ospreys?That's natures way. Never seen it , but would like to!