29 OCT 15 Carrabelle

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

TTTrrr3434

29 OCT 15 Carrabelle

Post by TTTrrr3434 »

Went to usual haunt just to the right of Ho Humm. Not the best time or conditions. Just have to go when I can break away. The tide was way out and the wind was pushing me to the left, towards Ho Humm. I decided to use a one knocker and one of my largest spooks. My second cast I hooked into something that peeled my line off and then just dropped my spook like I never had it.

I worked hard against the wind trying to get out deeper and cast into the wind while dragging a gulp. I managed to catch one average size trout on my gulp and one nice trout on my spook. Once I got to the first dead forest on my right I turned and headed back. I was then able to get out deeper and cast 60 yards into the wind.

My return trip provided me with five gator trout. The biggest of the year and turned the trip around completely.

All in all it was a decent day on the water.

On the return trip back to fountain. Heading North on 67 I initially thought I had a hitch hiker walking down the side of road towards traffic. As I got closer I realized that one bear survived the one day hunting season. He turned and ran broadside across the road just prior to me reaching him.
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: 29 OCT 15 Carrabelle

Post by fishinbug »

Your hard work paid off. Thanks for letting us know how the trip went.

:D
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber
bigboots
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by bigboots »

Thanks for a great report.
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Way to stick it out! A very nice off-the-couch adventure on water and land. Gator trout and magnificent bruin.

Jean