Levy Bay question...

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

fishindawg
Baitor
Baitor

Levy Bay question...

Post by fishindawg »

Me and a buddy are headed over (from Lake Park, Ga) this Saturday morning to see what all the talk has been about. My question is should we get some live bait? I personally would rather fish arties, but I would also prefer to catch some fish. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Going to launch at Levy Bay Rd. Thanks
Jackson Cruise 12 - Dorado
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Re: Levy Bay question...

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

hey fishndawg. IMHO Levy Bay could be very good this Sat. As the bay fills (around 10-12), work your way toward the South end. Concentrate on the points and cuts around all the grass islands there. I have had very good luck lately with topwater,( one knocker of course) and wakebaits. My friends have done well with jigs and paddletails also. At the top of the tide fish as close to the grasslines as possible. I think you might find a fish or two. Good luck and have fun!
fishindawg
Baitor
Baitor

Re: Levy Bay question...

Post by fishindawg »

Thanks fishbaitbilly, that info really helps. Looking at the tide chart last night I was thinking the same thing. Gonna toss the spook jr (like I always do) and gulp jigs. gonna have a good time regardless. Will post report after trip
Jackson Cruise 12 - Dorado