Bottoms rd thurs 11/12

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

luceror
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Bottoms rd thurs 11/12

Post by luceror »

Played in fog most of morning. Real low tide.hooked one nice red w "shallow oorunning twitch bait. It was cool while it lasted... Small hooks pulled out... He was running back and forth in some very shallow water. After fog lifted and flood tide started to get off I managed 4 keeper try out in front piny island.Then I went to redfsh hole and caught a few (4) nice reds. Got trt on mirrodine twitch and reds on jig/zman/piece of shrimp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
luceror
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Re: Bottoms rd thurs 11/12

Post by luceror »

I wanted to ask in my report but frgot. I'v been using eagle claw (xxx #4) trebles as replacements. Not strong enough. Don't last. Any recommendations on stronger replacement trbles?
bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by bk »

Luceror. I typically replace all trebles. Size and type of the hook depends on the lure and how I want the lure to behave. For example, I'll put a larger treble on the back end of a topwater walker and popper because I want the ass end sitting down in the water. Added weight to the back also helps the lure walk better.

As for brands and styles, I've had the best success with gamakatsu ewg and mustad kvd triple grips.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Nice morning, luceror! :D

Good stuff on the treble replacement advice, brad.

Jean
fishshooter99
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by fishshooter99 »

Great report, thanks for sharing. I understand the hook frustration. I lost a really nice snook fishing down near Bradenton this summer to some straightened hooks on a Spook Jr. I may try the "larger hook on the back", sounds like good advice.
Expatriate Floridian living in the "Land of the Ice and Snow" that is Atlanta.
Gary
luceror
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by luceror »

I lv heard gamagutsu was stronger hook. Bought some once.looked thinner. And definetly had diff. Treble profile. Still in plastic box. I'll try them out. I had brand new eagle claws on the other day and first good red strtend one out and pulled free. Drag was a little tight but still singing!
bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by bk »

Luceror. Like most brands, gama has 1x, 2x, etc. so maybe the gamas you bought are the 1x. As for hooks straightning out, ive heard that round bend hooks will straighten easier than other types.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
luceror
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by luceror »

Thanks fr all input!. Good info as usual from u guys! Thanks