Saturday, November 21

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

Edwade
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Saturday, November 21

Post by Edwade »

The tides web site said today would be a bad day for fishing. But neither Tim Cotton nor I have the luxury to choose what day we can fish, so we gave it a go. The first fish, a 20 plus trout went to Tim on a jerk bait. I followed up with the biggest bluefish I've ever caught, at least 6 or 7 pounds, on a spinnerbait.

The action was constant all morning, as we caught and released more than 20 keeper trout, with most going over 20 inches. We also caught 9 redfish, 4 of which were in the 22-24 inch range. Most of the fish came on jerk baits, primarily a Crystal Minnow and a Bomber Long A. We also caught several on topwater and gulp jigs. Tim ended with a quad slam when he caught a flounder and Spanish Mackerel. I haven't had much to post about this year, as the trout have been nowhere to be found. I'm glad they finally showed up, as today made up for a lot of very slow days. Thanks Timmy!
OneTripletail
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Re: Saturday, November 21

Post by OneTripletail »

Nice catch. What area were you fishing?
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Wow! Stellar day, Ed and Tim!

Jean
cotton
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by cotton »

Thanks Ed for the trip today. This post should have been labeled " There back!!!!" We've known the trout would show up sometime. Boy did they today. I can't remember a trip where the percentage of big trout was so high. If fealt so good to see all them fat girls swimming away. Its been to long.
A better Kayaker today, than yesterday.
Red Hobie Revolution
Green Native Slayer 12
Sand Hobie Pro Angler 14
marlindoc
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by marlindoc »

Great job!
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

Great fishing guys! That's the kind of day that keeps us going. Good trout have been kind of scarce lately. It looks like you two have got it figured out!