11/28 Bottoms road

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

DKWakulla
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

11/28 Bottoms road

Post by DKWakulla »

Put in about 3 hours after that crazy low tide. Fished out to the point, went across fished back down the channel for a good 2 hours. Looked pretty dead for the most part. Didn't get a bite on gulps and live fiddler crabs. Tide is really moving in about 2:30, I cross back over and work the other way down the shoreline towards the town of Panacea. I start to see a couple of swirls and pull back a bitten in two gulp. Re-bait and throw at a swirl and I get a short red. I keep drifting towards the end of that piece of land where it curls back towards bottoms road. The current splits off away from the point there and makes a little eddy. Had a bite and missed, then had a 17" trout inhale my jig literally right under the boat. Things went back to dead after that. Not great but not bad either. I'm hearing reports that the fish are moving into the rivers now, so I may try somewhere like that later. That or take a flat hoe to the Ocklocknee bridge and try for sheepshead :)

Also, I've lost about 50 pounds since any of yall have seen me :)

fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: 11/28 Bottoms road

Post by fishinbug »

Good report, 'Slim'. You look like a shadow of your former self. :A3
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Looking good, DKWakulla! And what a terrific report! Love all the details that you put in. Those winter low tides on the full moon can suck the water right out of the bay .

Jean
bigboots
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by bigboots »

Thanks for the report,DK.Congrats on the weight loss.
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

Great report DK! That whole area around Bottoms Road can be productive. Nice trout you got there! Thanks for the report. Good luck at Ochlockonee Bay. I took out a flat hoe once but I never tried sheeps head.
DKWakulla
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by DKWakulla »

Fishbaitbilly wrote:Great report DK! That whole area around Bottoms Road can be productive. Nice trout you got there! Thanks for the report. Good luck at Ochlockonee Bay. I took out a flat hoe once but I never tried sheeps head.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
luceror
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by luceror »

Dido on the ha ha _!!good report. Hvnt been in awhile(watching trees grow).Gona try this week. If tidecooperate.
GoodCall
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by GoodCall »

lmao @ fishbaitbilly :lol:
bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by bk »

Personally, I prefer the busty hoes. Lol. Congrats on the weight loss. You must feel great.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi