Piney island ..Tues 12/1

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

luceror
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Piney island ..Tues 12/1

Post by luceror »

Started on bttms rd. Ramp shore line ..no takers crossed to P. Islnd. and worked my way around to offshore side. Got on some reds on one of the shoreline points. Not big FSH but fun fish .mostly 16-17".There was a couple over 20.I was using a jig/z.man/piece of shrimp.Afyr that played put went offshore a ways where I could work lure w/o fouling on bottom.Fished hard in and out looking fr some trt.Caught 4 FSH..2 keepers(nice) and two shorts.Moved to oyster bay in hopes of getting on some larger reds. Didn't pan out. There was quite a few pelicans sea gulls and comerands in O. Bay. Not feeding but what looked like waiting fr dinner to show up.On way back to ramp I stooped at pt I fished earlier on out going tide. Caught some nice trt iIn tight to marsh . a could ple on jig and then switched to mrrodine twitch. Saw no bait..nor any birds working. Nada! But there was some FSH tight to shoreline.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Re: Piney island ..Tues 12/1

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

Nice fishing, luceror. The way you always tip your jigs with shrimp really seems to work well. That was a long haul that you covered on the water! I think I have seen you at Bottoms Road in the past. I am the really old, feeble guy in the dune Hobie Revo. Sometimes I am with another geezer called Baja Bob or that young whippersnapper, edwade. Great report!
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

You sure did cover some ground. Very nice report.

As far as the old geezers and the young whippersnapper, I usually call them the YAHFs (Young at Heart Farts) :lol:

Jean
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by fishinbug »

Nice report and a long paddle.

Sincerely,
YAHF
:20
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber
luceror
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by luceror »

Yea thoseYEARS ARE CATCHIN UP W ME TOO!!But its that being out on the WATER that keeps us young at heart.