Super Bowl Trout

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

OneTripletail
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Super Bowl Trout

Post by OneTripletail »

Epic day! Left St Marks at about 7:45 this morning, put in at the trailhead at the end of the St Marks trail. Headed up river and found a deep hole we use to fish from the boat. Third cast hooked a keeper and lost him at the boat trying to get the boga on him. Proceed to limit out with one at 21, 19,18, 16, and 16. I hate saying this the hard part of the morning was catching slot fish. Released six over 20 inches, all from 20-22. Lost five more at the boat. I've been on some good trout bites but never on over slot fish.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OneTripletail
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Re: Super Bowl Trout

Post by OneTripletail »

Why is my picture not showing up?
fishshooter99
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by fishshooter99 »

OneTripletail wrote:Epic day! I hate saying this the hard part of the morning was catching slot fish. Released six over 20 inches, all from 20-22. Lost five more at the boat. I've been on some good trout bites but never on over slot fish.
Come on Tripletail, who ya' kiddin'? You don't hate saying that at all! Great report.
I wasn't able to get my pictures to post the other day either. Jeeper said he put some in photo bucket and was able to from there.
Expatriate Floridian living in the "Land of the Ice and Snow" that is Atlanta.
Gary
bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by bk »

Sounds like a great outing. What were they hitting?
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
OneTripletail
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Post by OneTripletail »

Yeah Shooter, your right it was a lot of fun. What was cool was watching all the boats ride bye shaking their heads giving me thumbs up as I am bent over. That was cool.
OneTripletail
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Post by OneTripletail »

BK I caught them all on a large pogy type crank bait. It was white with a red head (similar to a rattle trap). They were deep about 12-15 ft.
bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by bk »

OneTripletail wrote:BK I caught them all on a large pogy type crank bait. It was white with a red head (similar to a rattle trap). They were deep about 12-15 ft.
Awesome! Love hard plastics. Thanks for the reply.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

You found them!
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by fishinbug »

Those trout were looking for Big Irish. :D Good fishing and thanks for the report.
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber