Lighthouse 3/5/16

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

kikstand454
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Lighthouse 3/5/16

Post by kikstand454 »

Well guys, I finally got out.

Frank, my brother James, and my buddy Walt launched at first light......and by launched.....I mean we drug our kayaks 100yds in freezing mud to get to the water. The old dock had no water under it- even at the end. Walt launched his gheenoe and couldnt get out of the channel for an hour or more.
Frank and I fished around the long bar, then met with my brother and headed east to sand cove, no water. So we kept going to Minnie cove. Had a mom and baby dolphin working the super shallows with us for while. I'm not sure they caught very much either. Headed back and Frank gave up. I went on around the corner to East river and finally had a trout hook up on a mirodine - that I should've started throwing hours before- but, alas, it got off at the boat. That was my only action of the day. Ran into three other yakkers, and suggested FCKA to them.

It was a terrible fishing day. Walt caught a few rock bass on shimp off the old shipwreck....but he had motor trouble and didn't go anywhere else. I had one bite in 6 1/2hrs.

But man....it was beautiful out there. The water was clearer than I have seen it that area in years. Slick calm at daybreak.......sigh....just what I needed. If only the trout wouldve been on topwater! Smh.

Some pics......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cotton
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: Lighthouse 3/5/16

Post by cotton »

Thanks for the report. Did you wear your mud boots? Been there done that many times.

We old farts waited until 8:30 to launch. I'm glad we did.
A better Kayaker today, than yesterday.
Red Hobie Revolution
Green Native Slayer 12
Sand Hobie Pro Angler 14
kikstand454
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by kikstand454 »

Lol.....

Nah, I just sludged through it. It wasn't that bad. If I was in much better shape, it wouldn't have been a big deal at all.
salty gator
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by salty gator »

Thanks for the report. We went offshore that day and saw the ghenoe on the wreck when we passed. It was a nice morning, glad y'all got out
You should have been here yesterday