Bottoms Road 4/5

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

yakpacking77

Bottoms Road 4/5

Post by yakpacking77 »

Put in at the boat ramp just after sunrise. Had a slight negative tide with a pretty strong wind. The two of us paddled up the channel where my friend temporarily hooked a red in the 30 inch range. The fight looked good, but the fish came off at the yak. We tried Dickerson Bay, but it was too shallow for my friend's Hobie so we ventured down into Levy Bay. Hit a group of reds rolling at the surface down past Oyster Cove. They were really picky about what they wanted to eat though. I had one blow up a topwater, but he missed the lure. My friend had one pick at a swimbait, but no serious interest. At least we caught a stingray, so all was not lost.
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: Bottoms Road 4/5

Post by fishinbug »

Too bad about losing the 30" red at the yak. Stingray to the rescue. Thanks for the report.
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber
kikstand454
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by kikstand454 »

I always count topwater blow ups as a good day- regardless of hooking up or not! Sounds fun!

Thanks for the report!
yakpacking77

Post by yakpacking77 »

Any day on the water is better than many of the alternatives. Hopefully we will be making another trip tomorrow. Different location, but I'll try to give an update on the bite. Tight lines!!
GoodCall
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by GoodCall »

Great report. Bummer about the red. Would've made a nice pic.