Wakulla Beach - 7-8-2017

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Wakulla Beach - 7-8-2017

Post by SRAces »

Had a great time at Wakulla Beach, Florida yesterday with Kevin Kelly and Glenn Church. Kevin attending was a spur of the moment drive from Savannah, GA to join us. 😁 Glenn had just purchased his new Pro Angler from Wilderness Way and it had never been in the water. So instructions on how to use it were in order as well as how to saltwater fish...lol! Glenn had never been saltwater fishing, so we were happy to help. Glenn had a great time even though he didn't land a fish.

Kevin came to my rescue when I had a small catfish bolt out of the water and land on my thigh...impaling his side fin all the way it. It was not a pleasant experience. After removing the fish and Kevin applying first aid, I pressed on for the day. Leg is fine today.

I managed to catch 8 trout. Only one picture worthy. 1 jack and 5 catfish. Kevin caught a nice 26 inch red and a 27.5 inch red. We kept the one trout and the 26 inch red for the dinner table. I know Kevin caught more fish, just don't remember his numbers. The last 2 red pictures are of a red I caught in the same area on Tuesday.

Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: Wakulla Beach - 7-8-2017

Post by WannaDoDat »

Way to go, guys!
YIKES about the impalement!! 8O Hope all stays well!
Got a little sporty on your way in, eh.
SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by SRAces »

Jean,

Not the sporty I was expecting! I felt a sharp pain that felt more than being hooked by the trebles on the lure. Look down and did not see the trebles in me, but the catfish flush on my leg. So I knew what had happened. 8O Just glad the leg feels almost like new today. Some very minor swelling still and a little pick, but getting better. :D
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
Edwade
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by Edwade »

Steve, it was very nice of you to show those guys how good we've got it on the coast here. Even nicer that you came up to Tallahassee after fishing all day to help me install my new Lowrance on the PA. Especially after you got finned in the leg! Didn't that fish know you are the King of the Catfish???
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

Thats a good haul
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III