Bottoms Road 8-13-2017

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Bottoms Road 8-13-2017

Post by SRAces »

Met Ed and Dave at Bottoms Road yesterday. The weather conditions were ideal the whole day. Not sure exactly what Ed or Dave caught, but I had a great day. We kind of spread out across the area. Caught 16 trout, 1 red, 1 jack, 6 ladyfish (huge ones), 5 catfish, 1 shark, and hooked 2 juvenile tarpon that hung on for a little bit before throwing the lure. I just wasn't using the right lure for tarpon, but it was fun regardless.

The best fish of the day came while I was peddling in to the ramp. I was trolling an Academy Pistol lure behind me in about 2-2.5 feet of water and the rod was in the rod holder. Heard a splash and the drag started singing. It was my last trout of the day and I'm calling it 24.5 with the mouth pressed up against the end of the board. Will be my 3rd FWC citation!

Got to meet Sven who was out the Levy Road cookout. I remember him being there. Just didn't get intorduced. :D Heard he had some good success with reds that morning!

Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Re: Bottoms Road 8-13-2017

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

That's a monster trout Steve! Great job Ed, Dave Sven and Steve, getting those fish in this steamy weather.
Edwade
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Re: Bottoms Road 8-13-2017

Post by Edwade »

Great report Steve! I caught I think 10 trout, mostly shorts. Also, one redfish, one (big) bluefish, a catfish, ladyfish, and 2 sharks. The second shark was about 3.5 feet. I had snagged a big pinfish, and put him under a tourist rig off the back of the kayak. I spent most of the day fishing near Sven, who like Steve, is addicted to the Unfair Lures... with good reason!