Bottoms Road 8-20-2017

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Bottoms Road 8-20-2017

Post by SRAces »

Met Tim and Dave at Bottoms Road yesterday for a first light launch. They are doing something at the launch as there were 2 large rectangular containers (floating docks) or something like that by the ramp.

We didn't really catch what we wanted to catch for the day. Tim caught 10 trout, 1 spanish (mayber 2), 1 bluefish, a few catfish and more ladyfish than he could count. I caught 6 trout, several catfish and more ladyfish than I could count. I did hook and get a cobia along side before the lure unbuttoned. Double checked pictures this morning. Wasn't a remora. it had the small spike/bumps in front of the dorsal fin, so I'm positive it was a cobia.

Tim and I chased a lot of baitfish being hit by lady fish and other species of fish. We knew the trout were below the activity. Tim managed to get a few trout that way. Towards the end of the day I hooked a 26 inch ladyfish that I swore was a small tarpon only to find out it was a hug ladyfish that inhaled the lure. All in all we had to have caught over 50 ladyfish between us out on the flats. A lot of great dancing and fighting by all the ladyfish.

Not sure what Dave caught as he wandered off on his own and was off the water by the time our day ended. Still a fun day on the water. :D

Last edited by SRAces on Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: Bottoms Road 8-20-2017

Post by WannaDoDat »

Wow! Lots of activity and acrobatics out there!
Congratulations on all the catches, crew, and thanks for the report Steve!

Jean