Shell Point 9/3 - 9/4

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

Gauppinho

Shell Point 9/3 - 9/4

Post by Gauppinho »

Came down from Atlanta for the holiday weekend. Got out on the water before sunrise Sunday and paddled up into the mouth of Walker creek as the tide started falling. Threw some topwater plugs in the low light around the oyster bars and switched to some suspending lures and a gold spoon as the sun started to climb higher. Saw plenty of mullet zooming around but couldn't get anything to bite. Got driven off the water by the heat and gnats around 10:30.

Monday went out a decent bit later in the morning and fished further out on the flats on an incoming tide. Caught 1 keeper trout trolling a black/silver Mirrodine suspending twitchbait and 2 of the biggest pinfish I have ever seen on the same lure haha. Amazing how aggressive those guys can be. Fished some of the docks and a rocky outcrop off the point at Live Oak Island as I came in but no luck there. Really light winds and clear skies made for a nice paddle though. Also, the boat traffic in the area was surprisingly light considering the great weather and holiday weekend, which was nice.

Was the Spanish Mackerel fishing off this year? I didn't get to fish much over the summer but can't recall seeing any the couple times I went out either fishing or for an offshore cruise in the boat.

Gonna be back down early October hunting for nice redfish. Here's to hoping Irma steers clear of everyone. Tight lines!
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shell Point 9/3 - 9/4

Post by jsuber »

I have a buddy down, and he seems to have bad timing with Hurricanes every year. He is staying on Live Oak and slaying the redfish.
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon