Trout bite

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

fishrcutbate
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Trout bite

Post by fishrcutbate »

For you guys that work and can only get out on the weekend here is some info for this Sat and Sun. now that I am not working I have the time to verify that fish know the days of the week. Mon thru Fri they bite and when the weekends come around they get lock jaw.
Fished Purify Bay and Tucker Lake this week and discovered trout to be very active, interestingly enough they were in the bayou's not open water.
The bayous of Chaires Creek had tons of shrimp getting pounded by reds. Chaires also produced half dozen trout that we're all in the 16 to 18 in range. Struck out in Tucker itself.
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: Trout bite

Post by WannaDoDat »

Good stuff all around, Geno!! Great catching, congrats on retirement and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :A1

Thanks for the intel. The trout and reds have been voracious!
Finger mullet and shrimp for them to gorge on. Topwater gets smashed!
Love this transition into fall!

Jean
SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by SRAces »

Geno,

Thanks for the report. I hooked 30 trout on Sunday and boated 22. Largest boated was 17.25. Had some 20 inches and over get off by the yak. Was fishing with Ed and Buddy at Yates. The bite didn't really pick up until the afternoon. We didn't have a lot of luck with top water or some of the traditional methods. Best lure of the day was soft plastic paddletails on a jighead.

Looking forward to the fall and winter trout bite. Last December 24th and 26th I caught 40 trout each day, :D
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
kikstand454
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by kikstand454 »

Oh...Geno... You have no idea how happy I am to see this post my friend. Gonna try to get out tomorrow, but wind is forecasted at 12-15ne.

I was like.....wonder what chaires would be like....and here we are.
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Good to see you all. Haven't been on in a while.
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Hi Dave!! Hope all is well. How have the bass been treating you?
They've been good to me! ๐Ÿ˜„

Good luck with that crazy wind! Looks like it's going to blow all week!

Jean
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

Good to know
Jeff Suber

ยธ.ยทยดยฏ`ยท.ยธ><((((ยบ>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
kikstand454
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by kikstand454 »

Sorry I didn't reply sooner Jean!

Well...if anyone remembers, that day was more like a steady 15mph from the NE, with gusts that felt like 25! Also.....it misted/rained sideways all day.
So much fun! ๐Ÿ˜”

That being said, there were definitely fish biting. Live bait kicked my rear that day, as my friend walt caught whiting (?) at will, and several short reds and trout. He got one good trout at 22"!!!
I only had three fish all day, topwater.....but....two keeper trout and a 15.5" flounder! Lol. I gave the flounder to another yakker on here, who I can not remember his name.... ๐Ÿ˜” I had several good blow ups from reds, and a few more trout bites, but the wind, rain, and current made topwater a chore. I couldn't get bit on anything else I tried.... Not even gulp. It was live shrimp or topwater. Lol.
You know what I chose.

I'll be making another trip back there soon, to explore more. We had to huddle next to the creek mouth to even ATTEMPT to fish. Lol.

Bass have been few and far between for me lately Jean.....in fact....going at all is a rarity. ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”

Good to hear you're killing them....as always. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‚
Oldwoodenship

Post by Oldwoodenship »

I was the other guy dumb enough to go fishing that day. Thanks for the flounder, it was real tasty :)
I only managed two fish that day. A small red on gulp and a whiting on a mirrolure. I called it a day after that 5 minute downpour because I was actually too cold to keep fishing.
kikstand454
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by kikstand454 »

It was good to see I wasn't alone in my ridiculousness.
Nice to meet you! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘