Bottoms Road 9-24-2017

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Bottoms Road 9-24-2017

Post by SRAces »

Met Ed, Tim and Buddy at Bottoms for a late morning launch. The winds has not been looking good for the weekend but we decided on Saturday to launch around 11am (low tide) and fish until around 6pm. The wind and weather turned out to be really nice. Not a lot of the regular lures were working. Tim managed to catch about 6-8 trout on several presentations and I believe he also caught something on topwater. Tim's best trout was 23.5 inches.

Buddy managed 3 trout and 1 red for the day. Ed caugtht 12 trout and 3 or 4 catfish. Ed earned the "catfish king" moniker for that trip...not me! I only caught one catfish. Ed said he best trout was in the 23 inch range (estimated as not ruler on board).

I managed to land 20 trout for the day and lost several others. Zero luck for me on both topwater and my jerk baits. Caught all my trout on soft plastic paddle tails. I did catch 2 nice trout right at 19.75 inches. Largest trout of the day was 22.5. Smallest was 15 inches.

I'm going to have to figure out a different solution for hosting pictures since Dropbox changed their settings even for a pay account so I can post pictures. :oops:

Thanks for the tip regarding the "attachment" function. Here are the 2 pictures I wanted to post. :D
Tim_Trout.jpg
Steve_Best.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SRAces on Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Re: Bottoms Road 9-24-2017

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

Sounds like a successful trip all around. Everyone caught fish with some really quality trout in the mix! Thanks for posting up!
Edwade
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by Edwade »

Nice report Steve! My catfish total actually climbed to 8. Still nowhere near your record though! My trout came on topwater, rip n slash, tourist rig, and trolled paddletail. The big trout hit a one knocker. Having lost a bunch of fish at the boat, I tried leading him into the net but couldn't steer him in there and he bounced free saving me the trouble. Still, I need a bigger net!
fishshooter99
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by fishshooter99 »

Great report Steve, sounds like a blast with good company to boot!
Expatriate Floridian living in the "Land of the Ice and Snow" that is Atlanta.
Gary
SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by SRAces »

fishshooter99 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:33 pm Great report Steve, sounds like a blast with good company to boot!
We had a great time. Sure felt strange heading to fish hours after sunrise. So used to driving in the dark to arrive at first light...lol! I'll be glad when all the loose grass is no longer an issue. When we got over to the Whetstone Point area, there was a lot of loose grass. None over near Piney Island or the area to the left of the ramp going out (point). A lot of discourteous folks in boats and airboats not giving us room to fish along the bank. :evil: Simply amazing that they have all the ability to avoid us, but have to blow right by us.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
Mongo
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by Mongo »

SR
Have you tried the attachment tab at the bottom of your post? That is how I had to finally download. Works well from a desk top.
SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by SRAces »

Mongo wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:49 pm SR
Have you tried the attachment tab at the bottom of your post? That is how I had to finally download. Works well from a desk top.
Thanks for the great picture tip!
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
Mongo
Post Warrior
Post Warrior