Shired Island/Shired Creek - 10/7/2017

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Shired Island/Shired Creek - 10/7/2017

Post by SRAces »

Met my friend Mark from Ocala this morning at Shired Island/Creek at 7am. Mark had recently purchased a new Hobie Pro Angler and had not taken it fishing. Looking at this weekend and winds/swells up and down the coast, this location the best choice to get Mark used to the new ride and tips on catching saltwater fish from a kayak. Needless to say he is hooked now! :D

No fish pictures to post. We didn't catch any 20 inches or longer to meet my picture minimums...lol! Mark caught 6 trout with most low to middle slot size. I caught a flounder first, then a red, then a trout and thought the day was really looking up with a mini slam to start with. But the day was a little challenging. Probably the almost full moon and barometer swings. We never saw whitecaps and had the wind lay down several times. We managed to find a nice beach area to stop and eat sandwiches and take a break around 11am.

I managed 13 trout, 1 red, 1 flounder and 2 sailcats for the day. Around 1:30pm the bite just seemed to die completely. We got off the water at 3pm.
ShiredIsland_1.jpg
ShiredIsland_2.jpg
ShiredIsland_3.jpg
ShiredIsland_4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
marlindoc
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Re: Shired Island/Shired Creek - 10/7/2017