Fenholloway River - 2-10-2018

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Fenholloway River - 2-10-2018

Post by SRAces »

Since Ed and Buddy wanted me to go back to the Fenholloway today after fishing there yesterday, it didn't take much prodding. Especially when the wife says "why don't you join them"...lol!

The launch was nice. Just a slight breeze. We didn't plan on fishing the mouth of the river, but heading westward to a creek we had fished before. Ed and Buddy both out fished me. Good for them! :wink: The bite was nowhere what it was the previous day fishing creeks east of the river mouth. Ed ended up with 37 trout and Buddy ended up with 39. Way to go Buddy! Both were keeping a few fish, so they had fish to take home.

I manages 26 trout and one nice red. Most of the trout caught were low to middle slot size. We decided to head out of the creek around 1pm. The wind had really picked up and the visibility on the water got worse. Hitting the shallow areas out side the creek, we were rocked by some pretty good waves, but we all made it safely back to the mouth of the Fenholloway. Glad we decided to quit when we did. :D

Here are a few pics. Didn't take a whole lot. None of my trout met my 20 inch or more picture requirement...lol! I snapped a good shot of Ed and Buddy outbound to fish. Buddy got one of me in the creek. The picture with the wind was before we got out on the flats and got beat up.

Fen_2-10_1.jpg
Fen_2-10_2.jpg
Fen_2-10_3.jpg
Fen_2-10_4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya