Fenholloway River - 4-1-2018

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Fenholloway River - 4-1-2018

Post by SRAces »

I decided to go creek exploring by myself on Easter Sunday. I had the wife's permission. God bless her as she let's me fish as often as I want. :D I headed in a totally different direction as opposed to the trip with friends the day before. it was a foggy start and I was glad I packed my 360 Navisafe white light. Not that I expected a lot of boaters roaring through the fog, but wanted to be seen.

I almost missed my creek as I had gotten to where I could not see the shoreline and was being blown outward into the Gulf. A quick check of the GPS and a heading and I made the creek fine. Had a great day in the new creek. Was targeting reds more than trout, but managed to catch a few trout. Less fish than Saturday. Landed 6 reds and a few trout. Had 4 good fights that were probably reds that broke me off after hanging on for several minutes with each.

Here are a few pictures from the trip. :wink:

Fen_Apr_1_P.png
Fen_Apr_2.jpg
Fen_Apr_3.jpg
Fen_Apr_4_P.png
Fen_Apr_5.jpg
Fen_Apr_6_P.png
Fen_Apr_7.jpg
Fen_Apr_8_P.png
Fen_Apr_9.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
fishindawg
Baitor
Baitor

Re: Fenholloway River - 4-1-2018

Post by fishindawg »

Very nice report Steve. Nice reds. Caught a couple of flounder and trout out of Spring Warrior yesterday with dad and oldest daughter yesterday from the boat.
Jackson Cruise 12 - Dorado
SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Re: Fenholloway River - 4-1-2018

Post by SRAces »

I have yet to fish Spring Warrior. That's one of the few launches between Leonard's Landing and Shired Island/Creek I have not launched from. :wink:
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya