Fenholloway River - 4-8-2018

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Fenholloway River - 4-8-2018

Post by SRAces »

Met Ed, Buddy, Sven and Tim to fish creeks off the Fenholloway since Hickory Mounds was getting crushed on Saturday. We Figured Sunday at Hickory Mounds might be too crowded, so we opted to launch out of the Fenholloway and work several creeks. We fished all over the place east and west of the river looking for fish.

It was a little challenging. Buddy, Ed and Sven grouped up and went one direction. Tim and I went another. Tim and I had some success. I ended up with 1 spanish, 11 reds and 7 trout. Tim caught 1 freshwater catfish, 5 trout and 10 reds. Here are some pictures from the day. The big reds are Tim's.

Not sure what Buddy, Ed and Sven had. Maybe Ed can add to this report. :wink:

Fen_Apr8_1.jpg
Fen_Apr8_2.jpg
Fen_Apr8_3.jpg
Fen_Apr8_4.jpg
Fen_Apr8_5.jpg
Fen_Apr8_6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
Edwade
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Re: Fenholloway River - 4-8-2018

Post by Edwade »

Nice shots Steve. How about the beautiful gold color on that red! We had a slow start but ended up with a respectable catch. The weather wasn’t as advertised! Buddy got a nice red, and we each caught 8-10 trout, with the biggest probably 19 inches. I’m not sure how the weather will be next weekend, but maybe give Hickory Mounds a visit!
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Re: Fenholloway River - 4-8-2018

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

Great looking fish you got there! I remember one time that Tim caught a nice redfish in the Fenholloway that looked almost black on top. Good job on your ability to sniff out the fish!