Hickory Mounds - 6-2-2018

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Hickory Mounds - 6-2-2018

Post by SRAces »

Met Ed, Buddy and Shane at Hickory Mounds at 6am yesterday. It was breezy when we got to the ramp. I was hoping we would have had the same calm winds that Friday had in the morning before ramping up. No such luck!

The bite was very slow. Late morning the wind picked up before calming down around 11:30 for about 30 minutes. That's probably when the group had the most luck. Shane left sometime around then and I'm not sure what he caught. Buddy ended up with 3 trout. Ed caught 2 reds and 4 trout with the reds being 19 and 20 inches and his best trout was 18.5 inches.

Buddy and Ed decided to head in when the wind got tougher. That was around 1pm. Up until that point I had 2 trout and 1 red. The bite seemed to pick up after Buddy and Ed departed. I ended up catching a few more reds and trout. Lost 2 very nice reds when the lure came loose. My totals were 4 reds, 4 trout, 2 catfish and several grunts and pinfish. Not a whole lot of pictures taken. :wink:

HM-6-2-18-1A.jpg
HM-6-2-18-1.jpg
HM-6-2-18-2.JPG
HM-6-2-18-4.JPG
HM-6-2-18-6.JPG
HM-6-2-19-5.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Re: Hickory Mounds - 6-2-2018

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

Nice redfish, Steve. You don't prefer to use your 180 drive in the Compass?
jeeper50
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by jeeper50 »

FBB he used it when we all fished Spring Warrior last time. We all plowed a bit on the way out past the bouy on the way out to the deeper water, Rob (from ATL) used his stake out pole to pole out of the skinny water in his PA. Low tide plus a NE wind was pushing the water out.
'15 Hobie Revo 13
'16 Hobie Outback

In the land of the blind... the one eyed man is king!
Transplanted Texan

'53 Willys CJ3B
'00 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD
SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by SRAces »

Fishbaitbilly wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:41 pm Nice redfish, Steve. You don't prefer to use your 180 drive in the Compass?
FBB - I broke it on the 27th after fishing the day before (Saturday). Was washing the Compass and the MD180 on Sunday. Walked back into the garage carrying the MD180 with wet bare feet. Slipped on the polished concrete garage floor and semi-landed on the drive. Ended up on the rear fin at the wrong angle. Broke the fin shaft out of the base. Ordered a new base piece (where the stainless steel shaft threads into) and have in back together. Was more mad at myself for not going slower and making sure the bottoms of my feet were dry...lol! All is good. Will be using the MD180 this weekend in the TKAG Summer Kickoff Tournament. :wink:
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya