Spring Warrior 11/17

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

fishindawg
Baitor
Baitor

Spring Warrior 11/17

Post by fishindawg »

Dad's 70th birthday was Saturday, so I took him fishing to Spring Warrior instead of fishing the Taylor kayak tournament. We launched the small aluminum boat at about 7 and headed to one of our favorite cool water creeks and started catching fish as soon as we anchored. We caught about 20 reds, 1 big black drum and probably the biggest flounder, 19 inches, i have ever caught on the Gulf coast. most of the reds were in the 12" - 16" range, but did manage a couple of 21" and a 23". Dad was using shrimp and I was using gulp and Unfair plastic with Pro Cure. Sorry, no pics, but did talk to someone fishing the tourny. Hope you 2 did well.

Think I am gonna go to Levy Bay on Friday, looks like it is going to be a great day for fishing.
Jackson Cruise 12 - Dorado
Edwade
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Re: Spring Warrior 11/17

Post by Edwade »

Sounds like a great day on the water with your Dad. You’ll never regret what you missed to do that. The Taylor tournament went really well. The folks who ran the tournament were astounded by the number and size of the fish caught out of kayaks. They had no idea! They said “this would have been great fish in a boat tournament!” None of us were surprised.
fishshooter99
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by fishshooter99 »

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. My friend and I were fishing the tournament from Spring Warior on Saturday I believe it was us that you guys spoke to. I ended up with 5 reds from 17 up to about 22 and a few trout none over 18. I did win the "red with the most spots" lol. It was a cool morning, but a lot of fun.
Expatriate Floridian living in the "Land of the Ice and Snow" that is Atlanta.
Gary
fishindawg
Baitor
Baitor

Post by fishindawg »

Awesome, I am glad it went well, hopefully I can fish it next year. We did have a good time. Took my youngest daughter back down there today (her first trip) and we slayed em or should I say she did. I spent most of my time netting her fish. I couldn't have been happier. She caught the first fish of the day, 20" red and biggest fish 24"trout. She also caught most of what we brought home for dinner. Trout bite was really on fire in about 4' - 5' on plastic new penny color on 1/4 ounce jig head. Needless to say, she is hooked. She said she could skip going to the pumpkin patch with her cousins tomorrow if we could go fishing again. Will post some pics in a bit.
fishindawg
Baitor
Baitor

Post by fishindawg »

Pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cotton
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by cotton »

This is awesome in so many ways. Nothing better than seeing kids reel them in.
A better Kayaker today, than yesterday.
Red Hobie Revolution
Green Native Slayer 12
Sand Hobie Pro Angler 14