St Marks Fort 11-24-2006

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

St Marks Fort 11-24-2006

Post by jsuber »

Left out of the Fort about 30 minutes before the tide came back in. I went up past the old dock, and on past the 43 marker to a den of Oyster bars. A porpoise, I later called Flipper, had everything stirred up good though so I let it go and hit a channel going west. It was there I came across yet another alligator sunning himself.

After seeing the gator I came across some more wildlife. I started taking pictures of a dolphin schooling bait onto a shore, and a Heron would eat them. Well Flipper and the Heron had a pretty good thing going til the bait ran out.

Then Flipper got attached to me. Flipper swooped and dived under my Yak making the water into a washing machine. I had never seen a porpoise get that playful while I was ina kayak. This went on for about 45 minutes. Even when I got back out in the River, Flipper just danced and swam right in front of my kayak just playing and having a good time.
After i got to some Oyster bars Flipper took off for some new found food source and went to town while I started catching Trout. The biggest was this 21" I caught on a top water plug.

All in all a great day with lots of boat traffic.
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
Reel-Fin-Addict
Founder
Founder

Post by Reel-Fin-Addict »

nice catch suber!! great day on the water :D