crooked creek, panama city beach

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

Sunjammers
Sponsor
Sponsor

crooked creek, panama city beach

Post by Sunjammers »

We meet at the waffle house at 6am, by 6:40 we were on the water, had our 1st trout within about 10 min of launching. we headed south towards the bay thinking the warmer day before may have ran the trout out to the flats. We fished the entire way, when we were moving to another spot I trolled a gulp grub..well I tried to, keeper trout love to be trolled for, I would say we averaged about 5 min between bits...at the most. At the end of the day we figured we had about 20+ trout and at least 8 legal size, and a few reds with at least one in the slot. We release everything we caught, we will be going again very soon if anyone wants to get a trip up let me know. We were off the water and back at the shop by noon.

I was in a Hobie Mirage Revolution and Paul was in a tarpon 100.
with our shipment of Capt.. dicks stakeout poles in stock I had to try one out...how did I ever fish w/o one. I also rigged up some new rod holders inside the kayaks for transportation, they are secure and will not bounce around and get broke, I will get some picks up in a few days, still tweaking it!
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

Thats why there was no one there when I stopped by yesterday.
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
Sunjammers
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Sunjammers »

what time did you stop by the store, there should have been someone there all day......

we put in at the 388 bridge and headed south. we pulled a few keepers out just south of the bridge, there is a wide spot just past that we stopped and fished for awhile. Its hard to tell you exactly where we caught the fish, I basically just trolled down stream, when I get a few bits close we stopped and fished. I got a tip from an old man on the creek who said he's lived there his entire life, he said head north and look for the deep holes, at low tide he said they will sill have about 17 feet in them. I asked where they were he told me I had to find them on my own. I'm about to put a FF on the revolution so Ill be able to spot holes! Give me a head up when you want to go I'm always up for a good trip!
Reel-Fin-Addict
Founder
Founder

Post by Reel-Fin-Addict »

:) good report, thanks looking forward to seeing your pics w/fish.
Sunjammers
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Sunjammers »

The camera got left at the house, next time for sure. I know I know w/o pictures it just a fish story, but we caught fish I promise, and they were this big <------->
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

I just called on the phone several times to get directions but the mailbox was full. Next time I'm in town I'll catch you then.
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon