FCKA Forty Plus Sunday

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

FCKA Forty Plus Sunday

Post by jsuber »

Went out this weekend to scout out some place to catch a few trout. Its been slim pickens lately in the trout department so horizons had to be expanded. Nothing like a little exploring to get the heart racing, except maybe catching fifty trout and one Redfish. Littoral and myself took the kayaks to this little spot just east of the lighthouse. What a day it was. I went out the day before and picked up a 22” Trout, and two 18” and one Rat Red. We had planned on going together the next day so I wanted to feel out the environment a little before we both hit it. We got there just as the tide was starting to come back in and water was skinny and the fish were few. There was some bait schooling on the flats, and I was just looking for a good place to paddle with a little depth to dip my paddle in the water. We finally made it to our destination and I picked up three keepers in the 18” range. Littoral came rolling up and it died down again. I went up in a creek and come back out to see Littoral catching his third trout, and I got one on too. Mine was the smallest of the day at 12” and the only no-legal fish we caught. We positioned our boats outside the mouth of the cut were in and picked over 40 more fish between the two of us. We both used paddle-tails with 1/16 ounce jig heads and the water was very shallow. It died down as the tide stopped moving so we stopped by the TnT Hide-a-way and called it a day.
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
Sunjammers
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Sunjammers »

and I was thinking I was going to have a good story, headed out to Cooked creek this morning, caught about 5 trout, this afternoon went back to where I went yesterday and had about 30 trout in the Kayak, only one was legal, and I had to fudge that, so I release all my fish today but it was another great day on the water. Have John who bought his 2nd revolution yesterday out fishing this morning, I think I can make a fishermen outa him yet! I look to see him join the group very soon!
Reel-Fin-Addict
Founder
Founder

Post by Reel-Fin-Addict »

nice mess of fish Jeff & Jeff 8) wish I could of made it out with ya.
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

Test.
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon