1-27-07 & 1-28-07

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

1-27-07 & 1-28-07

Post by jsuber »

It was a busy day Saturday. I started fishing at 9:30am outside Hickory Mounds and picked up a nice Trout that stretched out to 20" and put him in my zippered bag to bring back, I heard a noise behind my seat only to see the trout had pushed his head on through the zipper enough to shove his head through, tip the bag over and splash into the water. I had my work cut out for me. I had to get out of the water by 11:00 to make it back to another duty and the Redfish were hell bent on biting my baits while I was looking for Trout. I kept my first Red that was 21" and caught another 11 before the time was up for me being on the water. I managed to pick up 5 more Trout, and fish were all over the place next to grass on the flats. The wind was very low, and water was clearest I've seen in a while. Reds and Trout were darting around my boat as I paddled back into the ramp.

So, I went back on Sunday with Rob, Josh, & BobbyG. We put in and braced for the howling winds and I managed to pick up one more Redfish and three more Trout up to 21". The wind was howling at 15 mph with 25 mph gust. It seemed to be getting cooler as the day went on too. The fishing was a lot harder, but well worth the trip.

Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
Reel-Fin-Addict
Founder
Founder

Post by Reel-Fin-Addict »

yea I had a good time fishing and exploreing new places on sunday thanks Jsuber
mullerjw
Baitor
Baitor

escapee

Post by mullerjw »

That's why you whack the fish you're planning to keep. Plus I've heard they taste better because they're not all stressed out. And it's more humane (unless they happen to escape).
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

Thanks to you Lit.
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon