2-25-2007 Keaton Beach area

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

2-25-2007 Keaton Beach area

Post by jsuber »

What a day. A rough day would not even describe what happened out there today. Imagine fishing off the back of a four wheeler while some one is driving you across corn field rows and the stalks are whizzing by you as you try to make a cast. And that’s what it was like. I went out to Keaton Beach area to get acclimated and figure out where I was going to fish during the next NFGFC event. After visiting 6 locations, I finally found one that offered some sort of protection and a smidgen of opportunity to catch fish. I didn’t pick anything up until 1:30 and the tide was very high. The wind was a steady 20-25 mph and every now and they you would get a 30-40 mph gust. I tried all kinds of colors, and variations and even tried Gulp. But the only thing that brought it home for me was a ¼ DOA jig-head, and a DOA CAL shad tail root-beer with green tail. They call it Chartreuse, but its green. I caught most of them in 2 feet of water, the rest of them it was less than that. They were hanging out on the Oyster bars, and I would just bring it across the top of them and they would pick it up. I’m glad its over with though. I picked up ten fish and here are a few of the highlights.

Does this look choppy.
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
Talltails
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Talltails »

Nice work, bro. I took advantage of the weather today by taking inventory on my tackle, fixing trailor lights, and eating.

Trout season starts in four days!
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

Did you go yesterday?
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
Talltails
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Talltails »

No, momma had me tied to the chore list. I thought I'd give the redfish a little break for a couple days. Tuesday afternoon looks promising though.