Inshore Report 10-28

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Inshore Report 10-28

Post by jsuber »

I fished East River Saturday morning after looking at the strong wind gust from the St. Marks Lighthouse. I decided to go a different route though. I went to where the Florida trail parallels the East River and put in. I had to drag my kayak through the grass a little over 200 yards, and thought to myself "Do you really need to fish this bad?" It was still dark and I never thought about what could be lurking at my put in, and you can see why in the pictures below. ANyway the tide was out going and it was in the low fifty's. I fished all of the outgoing tide without a single good bite, until I got fed up with battling the wind and turned around to head home. Soon as I made up my mind and made a few cast on the drift, I hooked up with a 22" redfish. Small but it pulled a lot better than a skunk. I took a picture for the Jaxonline tourney and caught a few trout up to 17" then headed back before the tide went all the way out and I could not return. I picked up another small drum on the way back and got back just in time. I pulled up on the bank and saw this big old gator on the bank. It didn't even flinch. I returned to my truck and called it a day.

Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
Reel-Fin-Addict
Founder
Founder

Post by Reel-Fin-Addict »

nice catch suber, persistance pays well 8)
what were u fishing with (on the hook) ?