West Goose Creek (Wakulla Beach) 11-04-2006

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

West Goose Creek (Wakulla Beach) 11-04-2006

Post by jsuber »

What a day. The morning started out at 36 deg F at my house so I hung around cleaning reels, washing fishing clothes, and putting new line on reels until the temperature went up a little. I went out to Wakulla Beach and decided to fish the place that I had as Chart of the Month. The tide was still coming in so it was a good time to go back up in the creeks with the tide, but the head on winds took the fun out of that. I fished up at the mouth for a little while and had no luck so I ducked back in to the creeks. I was padlling very close to the grass to stay out of the wind, when I heard a rustle. It wasn’t reindeer that flew out across the bow of my kayak, but an alligator. He was all of 7 feet long or better. Scared me pretty good. Nothing like an alligator missile being launched near you to wake you up quick. Just as I was getting over that I saw another on laying on a bank, getting a sun tan. I guess they were warming up after the chilly morning. I pulled the camera from my pocket, snapped a photo, and put it back. I then made a cast, and Red Daddy hit it just as it hit the water. He wasn’t particularly big, but he did put up a really good fight. And where did that gator on the bank go. Anyway, I looked him over, made another cast and picked up his little brother, then all hell broke loose. No sooner did I get that little fellar on the line, and fish starting scattering all over the place. I must have been in a pool of fish and the gator gave them reason to run. Oh well, it was a pretty good day. Way better than a skunk, and I got to do a little exploring in a place I never been to before.
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
abcarias
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Sounds like a fun day Jeff

Post by abcarias »

Was it as much fun as the time we went shark fishing at St Theresa. I have such fond memories, remember?

><}}}> BeanBagSteve <{{{><
Pescador
Baitor
Baitor

Post by Pescador »

Too funny! Ab, you're outta control. :wink:
abcarias
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

naaaah......

Post by abcarias »

naaaah......The more rancid the better. :wink: