Rain Fishing

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

marlindoc
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Rain Fishing

Post by marlindoc »

I was too lazy to head to the coast, plus the water was all muddy so I stayed in Tallahassee. After breakfast, i grabbed a fly rod and two spinning rods and figured I would see if the brim were hitting poppers yet. No hit on the fly, but threw a small deep diving rapala for a bit. No action. Lake Bradford is extremely high, so I figured i would take a spin around the lake and check out the view and possibly the bikinis In canoes from the FSU reservation. As a strolled around, I trolled with the rapala and also a beetle spin.I caught a 2-3 pound dark colored bass after ten minutes, and a little later, I thought I had another bass, but this fish was yanking. When I finally got him to the boat, It was a huge 3 pound specked perch. It was the largest that I have ever caught. No pics because it was raining. If you guys ever want to launch the yaks from my house, let me know.

ps. No bikinis out due to the rain :lol:
kikstand454
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: Rain Fishing

Post by kikstand454 »

Great report! Ive caught some really nice crappie out of lake hiawatha. Im definitely going to take you up on that offer one day!

~~Dave
tallyfly
Baitor
Baitor

Re: Rain Fishing

Post by tallyfly »

Would you be interested in hosting the fly fishing club from your house? We are always looking for places to fish!

Call 445-6410 Gerald Bell