Wb 12-7

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Wb 12-7

Post by bk »

The fly seems to be the way to go. Put in at 1st light to a pretty stiff wind but that didn't stop the fly. Makes it a bit more challenging, but hey, that's what it's about.

Found some slightly protected waters and ended up with 15 or so reds, A mess of trout, and half a dozen ladies, all on the fly. Nothing much of any size but since I catch and release, it's not about the size. Also caught some on a lc pointer when my shoulder needed a break from whipping the wind.

It was a fabulous trip with plenty of fish caught. Including a first for me. I caught a mud minnow on a popper. At first I thought it was a fluke, but then I caught 4 more on the same popper within 10 minutes. Crazy.

Also caught this tiny trout.

It was right after a couple of porpoise came thru. I joked with Jean that this fish was so small it must've been just born after the porpoise came thru.

All in all, a great day. Thank you Jean!! (For those keeping tabs, in flight meal was roast beef with Swiss on oatmeal wheat bread. Trail mix, crackers, an apple, and some delicious sweet water 420.). Thanks again wannado!
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: Wb 12-7

Post by WannaDoDat »

bk wrote:
Also caught this tiny trout.

It was right after a couple of porpoise came thru. I joked with Jean that this fish was so small it must've been just born after the porpoise came thru.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Now THAT'S a young'un!!

What a fun day it was! Started out with that beautiful sunrise, a doable wind and a low incoming tide. I caught a feisty rock bass and some equally frisky reds. Watching bk's artistry and prolific catching with the fly had me wishing I knew how to throw that whip but I could just imagine the giant mess I would make! :lol:

Such a wonderful preserve of old Florida which had us pondering what it was like to live there eons ago. Anglers in many forms have stalked the fish in numerous ways. Dolphin have travelled upstream in the shallows to corral the mullet. Kingfishers, osprey, eagles and hawks have circled, swooped and dove and herons have stood perfectly still like statues with eyes trained on those mud minnows in the shallows.

Quite the place for adventure, peace and reflection. Thank you, Brad!! Great photographs, too!!

Jean
bigboots
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by bigboots »

Another great report. Awesome pictures too.
GoodCall
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by GoodCall »

That tiny trout is awesome!
Shorewalker
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by Shorewalker »

Fantastic photos and dialog. It has been too long.
Orange Wildy Ride 135
Tan Hobie Pro Angler
Green Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 15
Green/White Perception Tribe 9
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

Looks like another fine outing, Jean and Brad. I would imagine that if those killifish got to a few pounds they would eat everything in the bay. Your picnic reports always make me hungry!
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Fishbaitbilly wrote:Looks like another fine outing, Jean and Brad. I would imagine that if those killifish got to a few pounds they would eat everything in the bay. Your picnic reports always make me hungry!
Ha!! Voracious little minnows! I remember some oyster bar fun a while back catching those little nippers with a smidgeon of GULP on a teeny tiny hook. Great fun! Talk about stellar catching! :lol:

Jean