First Order

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

Geoyaker
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

First Order

Post by Geoyaker »

So my buddy that is a fly fishing guide in Apalach liked the Menhaden (pogy) pattern I thought up and asked me to whip him up some for when the tarpon bite slows and he gets desperate. What do you guys think.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend. -Bruce Lee
bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: First Order

Post by bk »

Pretty tie.
As with most patterns you'll probably need to make some adjustments after checking out its action in the water. Looks great dry tho. Can't wait to see what it catches.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
Geoyaker
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by Geoyaker »

I went to ST I state park today and threw the pinfish version of this. It swam great and if it wasn't blowing 10 right in my face, I may have caught something. Maybe tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend. -Bruce Lee
Geoyaker
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by Geoyaker »

SGI.. stupid auto correct

Shorewalker
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by Shorewalker »

Pretty tie and if you only 10 in your face at SGI that was a fly fishing day. :lol:
Orange Wildy Ride 135
Tan Hobie Pro Angler
Green Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 15
Green/White Perception Tribe 9
Geoyaker
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by Geoyaker »

Your probably right but since I am just learning to cast. A 10 in the face = hook in the ear.

bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by bk »

if you cast right handed, resist the temptation to cast when the wind is at your right.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
Geoyaker
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by Geoyaker »

I did. Well did a kinda backhand cross the body cast. Got pretty good at it. Went out this morning and was wade fishing by the boy Scout ramp and about stepped on a monster black drum. He was not feeling my lure but should have just noodled him.