stabilizers

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

luceror
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

stabilizers

Post by luceror »

Iv been sitting in my yak for 3years now and really cant put out the money for what I woild like. Thinking about trying out some stabilizers so that I could stand up. I see some products foam to hard plastics from $250/$300. Thts doable,but I was even thinking of diy ing it. Any of u guys use them or tried them? Any feedback on products or diy will be appreciated!
bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: stabilizers

Post by bk »

Some stabilizers are inflatable. Wonder how they would hold up to oysters.
As for standing, after roughly 7 years in a hobie quest I decided that I too wanted to stand. So I bought a native slayer. I can't stand in it, but I can jump, do flips, dance, run, and do a Ralph machio mantis move. Just kidding. , about the standing. You can stand all day long on this yak.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
capncrunch
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by capncrunch »

I used the Hobie inflatables for years. They worked great, but paddling with them deployed was challenging.
luceror
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by luceror »

Thanks for the responces. No I wouldnt go the inflatable route. AS for the DRAG coeff.,I think something that was retractable,or able to be easaly raised out of the water would be optimal. But just hearing from u that they do WORK is encouraging. Thats really what I needed to hear, Thanks!