Help me with a decent seat

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

Skillet

Help me with a decent seat

Post by Skillet »

Old man in need of new seat for ocean prowler 13. Bad back and trying to keep up with an energetic 14 y/o son. Your help appreciated!
Mongo
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Re: Help me with a decent seat

Post by Mongo »

Sounds like it may be time to upgrade to a peddle drive (and maybe a trolling motor) if you are going to try and keep up with a 14 yo son without sacrificing your back in the process! 8O :lol: :lol: :lol:
Probably not in the budget but there have been major improvements in seat comfort and stability in some of the newer boats.
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

No pedals for me. I love paddling and I'm happy with the Ocean for the 6-8 times a year we go.Went to Wakulla Beach Sunday and paddled for hours. No fish though. We had fun, but my seat fell apart.
Any suggestions?
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Hi Skillet! I've seen some suggestions for replacement seats for the Prowler that mentioned rigging up a stadium seat or a gel pad added to the stock seat or a Sea-to-Summit seat. I'm not sure if one of the luxurious Native or Jackson seats will fit in your boat but if so they are darn comfortable.

Jean
Mongo
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by Mongo »

WannaDoDat wrote:Hi Skillet! I've seen some suggestions for replacement seats for the Prowler that mentioned rigging up a stadium seat or a gel pad added to the stock seat or a Sea-to-Summit seat. I'm not sure if one of the luxurious Native or Jackson seats will fit in your boat but if so they are darn comfortable. Jean
Yeah, replacement was just a suggestion. I ride a "very mature" Ocean Predator so I will be interested to hear what you come up with. I might check out Native or Jackson seats.
Reel-Fin-Addict
Founder
Founder

Post by Reel-Fin-Addict »

We have an assortment of clip in seats that should fit your yak at The Wilderness Way. Stop in and check them out from basic to "skwoosh" gel seats with back packs.
kikstand454
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by kikstand454 »

Check out the " gone fishing" seat by ACK. I've had mine a couple of years and its been stellar!