Shepherd Spring

New to kayak fishing, come on in for answers.

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shepherd Spring

Post by jsuber »

Try this Link
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
garydroze
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by garydroze »

Good advice, Charles. I read up on it some more & noticed the spring is listed as only about 100' across. Kayak might be overkill. Passed on SS yesterday for a sure thing on pre-spawn largemouths at St Marks Refuge pools. They like finger mullet as much as trout do! Will go for the recon next weekend.
BloodyChamp
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by BloodyChamp »

WannaDoDat wrote:Last Saturday, I paddled up there with fishbaitbilly and found the same tangle of logs and twisty turns, millions of mullet pouring out of the warm creek
My friend has been talking about this place. That type of trip is right up my alley but I'm more of a dirty ole fishin hole type guy so it isn't my number 1 thing to do unless this mullet thing is true now. I've been trying to catch mullet out of freshwater for a long time. I've caught a few...but that's about it. I know about what to do as far as what to use (light inline spinner with a piece of worm on the end). They'll follow that often and bite it often enough if you can just get it in front of them without scaring them lol! Of all things, that's the problem plus the fact that everywhere I know to fish for them is so wide (Wacissa, Aucilla mouth etc). When you scare them once that's it...they're gone. I've always thought that if I could find some in a body of water that I could keep in front of me for the most part, it would be easier for a few reasons.