Ochlockonee River State Park

New to kayak fishing, come on in for answers.

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

Sandspur
Baitor
Baitor

Ochlockonee River State Park

Post by Sandspur »

Has anyone launched at the Ochlockonee River State park and fished that area? I'm thinking of heading over that way and just wondering if it might be a good idea to take my fishing gear with me. I've never been there before and would like some pointers if anyone has experience fishing there.
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ochlockonee River State Park

Post by jsuber »

lots of trout close to the launch on the other side of that island.

Further towards the gulf the Redfish pickup in the feeder creeks
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
kikstand454
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by kikstand454 »

If you launch at the park, and fish on around to the left.....the bass fishing is stellar! This Creek flows backward to what you think it should flow based on the tide. I can't promise a big bass, but there are a ton of 2# that are eager to hit almost anything. Spinner baits in gold and yellow trick worms are the tournement anglers go to in this area. Alot of bass tourneys launch there, but a lot of guys run up river.....or over to crooked river and head out towards carrabelle.

If we get some long stretches without rain in the summer, reds, stripers, white bass and even Spanish macks can be caught within paddling distance. Good luck, let us know how you do!!
Sandspur
Baitor
Baitor

Post by Sandspur »

Thanks a lot for the fishing tips jsuber and kikstand454. I haven't been able to get over there yet, but will give it a try and let you all know how I do. With this beautiful weather, am thinking now of heading down to the St. Marks Light to see if I can get lucky there, maybe around those oyster bars in front of the light and down toward East River. Water temps must be warming up real good now. Even if I don't have much luck, you can't beat getting out on the water on days like this!