Hickory Mounds - 5-12-2018

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Hickory Mounds - 5-12-2018

Post by SRAces »

Tim and I were helping 2 kayakers (Chris and Brian) from Missouri for their 4 day trip to the Big Bend area this past weekend. They had never fished inshore saltwater before so we gave them tips and suggestions prior to their arrival. On Saturday we decided to meet up with them at Hickory Mounds. The no-see'ms were vicious to say the least...lol! Once we got out on the flats, we had some relief.

Most of the bite was in the morning up until around noon. Then it was dead after that. We fished until around 1:30 pm and decided to head in.

Tim managed to out fish us all that day. He caught 9 reds, 2 trout and 1 bluefish. He caught 1 red right at 30 inches. I watched him hook 3 reds on 3 consecutive casts. Everyone caught reds but me...lol! I caught 6 trout (with 2 being around 18.5 inches), 1 black sea bass and a catfish.

Chris ended up with 2 reds, 2 trout, 1 bluefish and 1 catfish. Chris also landed a nice 30 inch red. Not sure what Brian caught, but he did land a nice 25.25 inch red that we measure don my board. I know he caught several fish, just didn't get his results.

HM-MO-1.png
HM-MO-2.png
HM-MO-3.png
HM-MO-4.png
HM-MO-5.png
HM-MO-8.png
HM-MO-6.png
HM-MO-7.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya