Bottoms Road - 8-4-2018

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Bottoms Road - 8-4-2018

Post by SRAces »

I haven't posted much in quite a while. Between the tarpon trips and prefishing freshwater, my regular saltwater time has been limited. Fished Saturday with Tim in freshwater as we were prefishing for a local tournament on the 18th. Only caught one bass 15 inches long...lol! Really missed my saltwater fishing. Sven invited me to join him Sunday at Bottoms Road. Since I have been stinking it up freshwater fishing, I needed a saltwater fix, so Sunday was on!

It was a little choppy when we launched, but the wind never got bad and the day turned out really nice. Sven caught 2 nice trout and 3 very nice reds that measured 23, 24 and 25 inches respectively. And that's all he managed to land. He did lose a couple of other reds as well. Since there was a decent amount of loose grass, I primarily fished a soft plastic rigged weedless. Had a blast and landed 13 reds. Lost a few others as well. Never got a trout hookup. The water was pretty murky due to all the recent rain.

Here are a few shots from the trip.

Bottoms_8-5_1.png
Bottoms_8-5_2.png
Bottoms_8-5_4.png
Bottoms_8-5_5.png
Bottoms_8-5_7.png
Bottoms_8-5_8.png
Bottoms_8-5_9.png
Bottoms_8-5_10.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
Fyrewalker
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Re: Bottoms Road - 8-4-2018

Post by Fyrewalker »

Thanks for the report!
Good enough is good enough. Going the extra mile leads to exhaustion.
salty gator
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by salty gator »

That’s a great report. We only scratched out a few reds that weekend. Any idea what that spot is on the red, third to last pic? Kinda looks like a hot spot you’d see on a red snapper that wasn’t iced we’ll. Never seen anything like that on a red. Thanks again
You should have been here yesterday
SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by SRAces »

salty gator wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:37 am That’s a great report. We only scratched out a few reds that weekend. Any idea what that spot is on the red, third to last pic? Kinda looks like a hot spot you’d see on a red snapper that wasn’t iced we’ll. Never seen anything like that on a red. Thanks again
Sven had that red in his ice chest. Will assume that is the cause. I'm sure it didn't have that area when he initially landed the fish. The fish had been in his bag for a hour or two. :wink:
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya